Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Run fat boy, run

So the week before break I was having my regular mentor meeting with Pudgy Powers and like always we started arguing. This time it was over Jumbo's ability to run a 5k, I said it was impossible and he said he could run it backwards and sleeping, so we set a date, April 21st, where we would go for a five kilometer run together and I could laugh in his face when he couldn't do it. I may or may not have forgotten about it and no showed on Thursday leaving him by himself. I asked him if he ended up running without me and his exact words were "God no why would I ever do that." So today I'm hanging out with some buds in the library playing a fierce game of hangman and Super Size walks in talking smack. He's all "Where were you Thursday cupcake" "5k is nothing" "I haven't run is years because I'm fat and out of shape" you know regular trash talk he also made a few jokes at the expense of one of my teachers who shall not be named. I was starting to get upset because he thinks he can actually run 3.2 miles in one burst with no walking breaks or Burger King rest stops so I put down an official challenge if he can run a 5k I will give him 20 dollars. He upped the stakes by saying he could run it in 25 minutes, that's right the human blob said he could run 3.2 miles in 25 minutes, that's three straight 8 minute miles with an extra .2 added on for fun. This is a man whose diet consists of no breakfast, a double order of school lunch, and maybe some fast food for dinner, child please. So we set a date for Friday after school I told him to make it 6 o'clock because I need to get my lift in but our plans were foiled by the stupid Ithaca relays who think they are all that and can ruin a wager between an overweight out of shape AP and a fit and active young man. However my buddy Riley informed us of an actual 5k race that is going on this weekend and is timed and everything which will save me the effort of timing all three of his 16 minute miles, so that will be nice. But plus size Powers says he has things to do which is false unless he is getting gastric bypass surgery which might be a good option for him, but I am going to try and get him to do it because he really needs to start getting exercise or else he is going to die young, fat, and alone. I will update everyone on how badly he fails this task as soon as I can and if he pukes I will be sure to post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment